Old December 12th 18, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Oliver[_2_]

Default Are air filters necessary on Pitot, static or TE lines?

It was actually a paper motorbike fuel filter. The idea that the paper
would absorb any water. I did several cloud climbs post installation
without any issues. Sadly, I no longer own the glider.

At 13:10 12 December 2018, Pete wrote:
Interesting. Thanks Mike. What kind of water filter are you using? I

wonder
if really fine filtration (osmotic, etc) would have any negative effect

on
the rate of change of air pressure and thus affect instrument reading?