Old September 13th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

Ok an example that was probably too far afield. Are you suggesting
that the beautifcation projects had no impact for the better on the
city?

I think the beautification projects had no impact on the traffic
problems plaguing the city. They had no impact on bridge maintanance.
They had no impact on water quality. They had no impact on corruption.

They made the city prettier, in some places, by some people's opinions.
Maybe this increased tourism, or encouraged businesses to stay rather
than leave. It might have had an effect on rents.

What sort of nap? Length of nap? Location of nap? How much napping
per time on shift? Whas the study specific to the ATC function?
Please provide the data. If its true that napping will help our
controllers, then the FAA should enforce naps during break times.
Provide cots and blankies and teddy bears.

I don't have the paper in front of me. I read about it some time ago;
the context was office and management jobs, computer programming, stuff
like that. Short naps were sufficient, but not too short. (something
like 30 minutes, IIRC)

Jose
--
There are more ways to skin a cat than there are cats.