Old October 14th 04, 08:08 PM
TripFarmer

Jim,

I wanted to give you a comparision of my insurance on a PA29-235 which
is probably comparable to your C182 if in the same age range. I pay
$900 a year.

Trip

In article , says...

Rick...

I appreciate you and Trip's concern about my coverage, but I've structured my
finances to pay a minimum of taxes, insurance, and still give me and my family
peace of mind that we are doing what is required of us. I would argue that your
advice of $1M smooth is NOT valid in all cases. I am also very aware of what my
hull is worth and what it would cost me to replace it. I have absolutely no
intention of over-insuring anything I own.

"Satisfactory" is in the mind of the satisfactee.

Jim

(Rick Durden)

-Jim,
-
-Those rates sound extremely low for a Cessna 182 of any vintage. What
-is the hull value you are insuring? What is the liability coverage
-(if you are getting less than $1 million smooth you may very well have
-inadequate coverage as the "$100,000 sublimit" policies mean only
-$100,000 is available per injured/deceased person, which is not
-adequate for such a claim and puts your assets at risk)?
-
-It sounds as if your broker has shopped the market. The companies you
-referenced are all very reputable. The concern I have is that the
-quote you have just seems too low by a large factor. I would be
-surprised to find satisfactory coverage for a Cessna 182 for under
-$2,000 a year.

http://www.rst-engr.com