Old November 4th 04, 03:26 PM
Peter MacPherson

I agree that ACK going to a Class Charlie wouldn't be a big deal.
Another thing I heard over on ACK last summer was talk about
changing ACK from an FAA tower to a private contract tower.
This I would see as a problem. Maybe it's just me, but I find the
service from FAA towers much better than from privately contracted
towers. Just my opinion.

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
nk.net...
No way ACK is busier than Hanscom on average year-round. Sunday afternoon
high-season I could see it peaking pretty high.

Why do people have an issue with ACK going Charlie? It's an island twenty
miles offshore which is already controlled. Doesn't seem like anybody
would
be losing anything in the process. I fly around and into Class C fields in
New England all the time and other than calling in ten miles farther out
than with a Class D field it's no big deal.