Old November 13th 03, 12:40 AM
Craig Freeman

"Janusz Kesik" wrote in message ...
I did take a look at the rates, and it's affordable, but maybe not the
cheapest.
Just to compare the rates, here are these from my club in Poland (in US
Dollars):

Entry fee: None.
Annual membership: 84$
Winch launch: n/a (in most clubs it's below 2$
Tow (400/600m): 6.5$ / 7.5$
Glider time: Free of charge.
Parachute, Barograph: Free of charge.

So, considering a person who flies a lot in club gliders (some 15
gliders) it's even cheaper. But, don't be distracted by this. I would
say the affordability of flying should be measured considering the
salaries in the region. Then, the South Africans may be in better
situation.
I would like only to add, that the most clubs in Poland have lower rates
(for clubs' mebers of course).

Regards,

--
Janusz Kesik

visit
www.leszno.pl - home of the www.css-leszno.it.pl

OK Andreas and Janusz I just gotta know where does the scratch, dough,
frogskins, moolah, change, MONEY come from to purchase all this really,
really nice soaring equipment? Somehow clubs in the Good Ole US of A
don't seem so well stocked with soaring inventory even though by your
standards the dues are outrageously high. Are we comparing apples to
apples here?

Craig-