Old September 10th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

Default Children in gliders?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:52:20 GMT, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
[snip]

Keep the briefing short, but describe the experience in terms that they can
understand: The glider "tilts like a bicycle" when it turns, and "goes up and
down like a kiddie rollercoaster". If your takeoff area is bumpy, warn of that
just before takeoff.

Some years back I had the pleasure of taking a highly gifted
6-year-old for a ride in a 2-32. When we hit a little chop, he
exclaimed "Don't make it go all wiggly!"

When I explained that it was just like a boat going over waves, he
said "Oh. Okay", and all was well....;-)

rj