Old April 4th 19, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Buying LS3a or ASW20a? ~$25k cross country glider. Which one and why?

Michael,
There’s an elephant in the room that nobody’s talking about.. Your price range means older ships, older ships have old gelcoat. Properly refinishing a 15 meter ship is going to cost a minimum of 20K! If you buy a ship with so-so finish, your going to sell it a few years down the road with less than so-so finish! My number one priority would be buying a ship with recent refinish in Urethane. Number 2 priority would be good instruments, number 3 priority would be trailer, then comes auto hookup’s, disc brakes, nose tow hook, etc. I am a prior owner the LS-3a that Stowers is brokering at Minden. Feel free to contact me for any questions about that bird.
JJ