Old September 27th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gilbert Smith

Default Silicon free polishes?

Darryl Ramm wrote:

On Sep 27, 8:39*am, John Cochrane
wrote:
Starbrite Marine Polish with FTPE is very good. It's designed for gel
coat to be put in water (boat). It was recommended to me by Dave
Nelson after he did some refinishing work. Rub on, wipe off, shiny.
John Cochrane

And from the MSDS (http://www.sunworld.net.au/starbrite/msds.html, I
could only find the OZ one) that also seems to contain silicone. Maybe
relaying as much that silicone worry is a non-issue if people who do
glider refinishing are happy to use it themselves as with the Star
Brite or the Mequiars wax. Still you won't see me cleaning bugs off my
glider with Pledge any time soon.

Presumably the Star Brite is really a polish not just a plain wax. But
maybe for use on gelcoat a bit if hand polish is a good thing.

Darryl

Maybe it has other brand names, but I use Carlack (or PolyLack because
it has a sailplane on the label). Easy to use and silicone free as far
as I know.