Old December 16th 12, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Default New Nexus 7 with xc soar.

On Sunday, December 16, 2012 6:54:53 PM UTC, Tobias Bieniek wrote:
Any update on how well the Nexus 7 works with XC Soar?

The tablet is damn fast and works very well with XCSoar. The terrain maps in the background have a quite good resolution and it just looks pretty good on such a high-res screen.

Screen in sunlight compared with original Oudie, or Oudie 2?

Unfortunately I haven't had enough sunlight yet to be able to comment on that. I suspect it to be somewhere between the two Oudie versions.

Internal GPS - is it good enough, does it give good wind calculations?

Haven't used it in flight yet, so I can't comment on this either. I usually use my devices in connection with a Flarm via IOIO though, so this won't be relevant for me.

Will it be able to upload igc files from a PNA via Bluetooth?

Not sure what you mean? If you have any kind of internet connection on the tablet you can upload the IGC files pretty much anywhere you want. If you choose the version with the mobile data antenna, you can even use live tracking via SkyLines for example.

Thanks for that info. It sounds very good. What I meant by the Bluetooth question - I should probably have said download, not upload. I want to be able to extract igc files from an approved logger, which will be connected to a GliderGuider PNA. Would I be able to use Bluetooth to transfer files into the Nexus from the PNA?