Old September 24th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Vaughn Simon

Default Cessna 150 with STOL comments requested

".Blueskies." wrote in message
m...
Hard surface runway you should be using no flaps for takeoff...

We are talking about short fields here. The short field technique for the
150 is the same regardless of runway surface. I don't have a handy POH for a
150, but the 152 POH states that you use 0 or 10 degrees of flaps for a "normal"
takeoff, and 10 degrees for a short field takeoff. The only takeoff distance
chart presented assumes short field technique.

For the record, at 3000 feet pressure altitude and standard conditions, a
stock 152 needs at least 1600 feet to clear a 50 foot obstacle. You will be
well over halfway down that strip before you can expect your wheels to break
ground. Assuming the numbers for the 150 look about the same, I would not try
the OPs 150 and 1350 foot strip with MY daughter in the right seat, and it is
doubtful that I would even try it solo.

Landing looks better, as long as you touch down (with short field technique
@54 KIAS) in the first half of the runway, you should be OK.

Vaughn