Old July 30th 20, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default inverted Schweizer towhook

"First off are you an A&P/IA? Secondly do you understand what the FAA has written in the various Advisory Circulars pertaining to tow hitches?"

Yes and yes, but perhaps there is something I'm missing and I'm trying to understand it. Just because you and I are IA's doesnt mean either one of us know it all.

If you filed a 337, you must be considering this a major alteration and you said you filed it without a field approval. So I'm curious, what approval did you use to invert the hitch?
I wasnt saying it had to be "field approved", but if we are considering it a major alteration and filing a 337, then it does have to be approved by something.
So I was simply asking what approval did you use to invert the hitch, 43.13 doesnt do it.
Perhaps there is something I'm missing and I'm trying to understand it.
Do you have a document that is approval to install the hitch inverted?