Old July 21st 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

Default New use for a Pilot Certificate

I took a trip with my family and went to a website to find a hotel. Of
course I chose the lowest rate. When I finished the confirmation process, I
saw that I had requested the Government rate. The difference was over $100
per night ($148 vs $269 per night)

OOPS!

Spoke with my younger brother, who does a fair amount of Government travel,
and he said he's never been asked for an ID.

When I checked in, the desk clerk asked for my credit card and government
ID. I handed her my pilot certificate. I just got one of those new plastic
ones. She glanced at it and put it aside, to complete the check-in process.