Old July 21st 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

Default New use for a Pilot Certificate

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:27:45 GMT, kontiki
wrote:

Don Tuite wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:07:58 GMT, kontiki
wrote:

El Maximo wrote:

When I checked in, the desk clerk asked for my credit card and government
ID. I handed her my pilot certificate. I just got one of those new plastic
ones. She glanced at it and put it aside, to complete the check-in process.

I'll report this activity to Hillary Clinton. We'll put a stop to it.
hehe

So the government is allowed to negotiate hotel rates, but not
prescription drug prices? She might care about that.

"allowed'? sheesh... yes. The 'government' negotiates a lot of things.
So do businesses and even private individuals if it involves large
numbers of employees or sums of money and they wish to try and work
out a deal. It's called doing business in America.

But it is against the law for medicare to negotiate drug prices with
pharmaceutical companies.

Don