Old January 3rd 18, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GP Gliders

Been a mess for years. I remember the mess when they changed the standard class years ago. But once they standardized things into the old standard class, 15 meter, and open, It would have been just fine in absorbing all of the 18 and longer winged ships, as well as keep an aiming point for manufacturers. I know for a period of about 25 years, the manufacturers had a good run of "stabilized class rules" in order to develop and produced new ships.

I really thought 13.5 would catch on for race folks with limited budgets, but it looks like it has morphed into another "whoever has the most money" wins class.