Old September 23rd 03, 04:50 PM
Markus Feyerabend

Hi Brian,I fly a Husky with a winch in it (no tost, but similar).I use the same procedure as you described it, except
that I canīt see the winch, but we painted the last
meter (approx. one yard) red/white, which I see in
the mirror and we do have marks on the runway, which
give me a rough indication how much rope is still on
the winch.However, I still have one question. Why do you think
that towing with a winch is not as fast as towing/landing
without a winch and with the rope attached?I donīt see a difference, as you have to take out the
slack/pull out the rope in both cases!?Regards,Markus