Old March 14th 04, 08:02 PM
Mark James Boyd

In article ,
Carl Buehler wrote:
We rigged and flew the PW-2d today, it
was a blast. flights were short but had a great time.
Isn't that what soaring is all about. :-)

Did not take long to get the hang of it, But there was a tendency
to fly it faster than you should. It takes quite a bit more aliron
and rudder imput than say a Let L-13 or 1-26. It is quite a breathtaking
view looking right beside your leg to the ground from 3000 AGL!

I did one flight, Bruce who owns the Gapa and is one of our clubs
CFI-G's did two flights. And Gino who is a club member and IA did
one flight.

I was happy with my takeoff and landing. Just have to work on the
speed control a bit more with the Gapa. But I found it to be an amazing
little primary glider, and fun to fly.

Kinda like a hang glider or ultralight, very exposed. If you have
any buddies who do HG or ultralights, the PW-2 seems like a great
primary glider for them.

They are really cheap and easy, so I hope you can get a lot of different
folks in it. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
--

Mark Boyd