Old May 2nd 05, 09:01 AM
Sergio

Ed Rasimus a formulé ce mardi :

Strange policy those Navy guys got! The USAF Phantom was set up so
that the back seater could eject himself only, and if the front seater
initiated ejection it would be a dual sequenced ejection.

IIRC, it saved the life of a colonel (or major ?) that flew RIO of a
general over Thailand. I seem to remember that this F-4 was hit by AAA
over North Vietnam and tried to return to a Thai AF base. An air force
general was driving the bird and died just afert the RIO's ejection.
Can't figure out where I read that thing...

--
Sergio
(pour m'écrire, remplacer @aviation par @gmail)