Old November 24th 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default ADF Problem

On Nov 23, 4:27 pm, "Mike Noel" wrote:
Check the antenna connectors. My Archer had a loop antenna mounted on the

You didn't say what kind it was, but as the other poster said it
relates to
the antenna. There are a pair of coils at right angles. You symptom
suggests
that the fore aft one is OK but the other one is dead either for
connection reasons
or some other failure.

You could check it with an ohmmeter.

Bill Hale

belly and a sense antenna mounted from cabin top to the vertical stabilizer.
When I unscrewed and removed the loop antenna I found quite a bit of
contact corrosion. The female side of the plug was a mini tube socket that
I was able to buy at a local electronics store.

I eventually pulled out the ADF and installed an Air Gizmo panel mount for
my 496.

--
Best Regards,
Mike