Old October 5th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default Battery Question

My old battery lost a cell and started spewing electrolyte into the battery
box. I replaced it with a sealed RG model to avoid the hassle of cleaning
out the acid and the possibility of the acid getting onto the airframe and
damaging it.

If you notice the cranking is still not up to par after changing the
battery, you might want to see if your plane still has the aluminum power
cables and change them to copper. It makes a big difference in cranking
power.
--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

"mbremer216" wrote in message
The battery in my plane (Cherokee 180 - 12 volt) is getting pretty long in
the tooth. Any opinions on replacing it with closed cell battery instead
of the old type with the caps?

Thanks

Mike