Old September 7th 10, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgans[_2_]

Default New Blanik AD

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
On 9-6-2010 20:50, nimbus wrote:
We inspected every millimeter with Dye Check test inspection.
No cracks means no cracks..

Well, the good news with that is that when they decide on a test
procedure, you shouldn't have anything to worry about unless they mandate
something like removing wing skins to inspect...

My guess is that with a problem of this magnitude, removing the wing skins
to replace the structure or to modify the structure is exactly what is going
to be required.

If I was an enterprising manufacturer, I would be designing a new wing kit
to sell to people with these grounded gliders. I would design it to use as
many parts from the old wing as possible.

It sounds to me as if the engineers of this glider really screwed the pooch,
with this mess. No way a well designed wing should be having this serious
of a problem, IMHO.
--
Jim in NC