Old December 31st 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Diamond DA-40 headroom

wrote:
I had a chance to fly a DA-40 Diamond Star quite a bit over the
holidays, to give some young eagles rides to kids in the family. After
flying this plane, I'd have to say I much prefer it to either the 172
or Archer. The only downside I found was that the headroom in the front
seats is just barely enough for me with a headset on. None of the seats
have any adjustments, but I was wondering if any DA-40 owners have
modified the seat cushions to get any additional height. If there is a
way to do this, then the DA-40 may have potential as a more practical
replacement to the warbird I'm flying now (when I have to give it up in
a few years).

Thanks,
Eric Bartsch
1959 Pilatus P3-05
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/P3A848.html

I'm also quite interested in DA-40, and will proabably find a rental in
the San Francisco bay area to try out next year.
What is the "usual" cruise speed you can practically get in DA-40 ?
I can only do ~110 kts in the 172 I train in, even though the POH lists
122kts cruise speed.