Old May 16th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default SPOT messenger

wrote:
I also called technical support and was told that the unit
works just as well horizontal as vertical.

That's good news. Too bad they tell you horizontal is best in the
instructions with the unit.

So I'm buying Allen's
Deluxe SMAK Pak, which velcros to the chute near your chest and has
room for a PLB or the SPOT.

I just got one for that purpose, and it seems to fit well on the chute.
I wish the zipper opened from the top instead of the bottom, so I could
partially open it to check the lights. I suggest you ask Allen if he can
do that for yours, if it's not already shipped.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes"
http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org