Old August 6th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Copperhead144

Default Harbor Freight aircraft tools

On Aug 6, 2:16*pm, " wrote:
It was bound to happen sooner or later

Dog-leg Deburring Tool, $8, item# 98262-0AZH
4-piece countersink set, $15, item# 98263-0AZG
Microstop Countersink cage adapter, $15, item# 98264-0AZG
(The above items may be found on page 36 of Catalog 163-B)

Cleco Pliers, $4.50, item# 97346-1NYH
(see pg 21 of Catalog 663-B)

However... (you knew that was coming, right? *:-)

When I tried to order the deburring tool Harbor Freight said it didn't
recognize the number. *So I sent a message to their Customer Service
people to make sure they knew there was a market for virtually any
aircraft-related tools they might care to offer.

The squeaking wheel DOES get the grease... eventually. *If enough of
you guys will follow suit we could probably get Harbor Freight to
offer virtually everything needed to fill an aviation metalsmith's
toolbox.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking -- I'm not a big fan of Harbor
Freight''s quality either. *But in *some cases Good Enough is all you
need. *For example, I've found that a Chinese cleco costing a nickel
works just as well as one costing six-bits.

-R.S.Hoover

I couldn't agree with you more on the HF tool assessment Bob and I've
purchased more than a few tool's and such from HF for that very
reason. To my way of thinking if I've done my homework and know how
the tool should be made than I can make a selection and purchase that
leaves me with money for other materials. The more nickle's and dime's
I save equal's dollar's saved or better spent on other material's or
tool's. My drill press, clamps and many of my lathe tools have HF part
numbers.

Joe