Old July 22nd 18, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default US team silence

Well, to RO and KS (both have flown WGC and many US nats), I appreciate your time and thoughts.

Thanks.

I am not trying to make or sway US rule making, just seeking insight to clarify my thoughts, or, change them.

I know there has been been many "knashing of teeth" on US rules here on RAS, my question is basically, what, if anything about our rules can hinder better placing in WGC.

I know I "team flew" with a past WGC member, mostly on Fridays and maybe that helped in WGC.
We both did better.

But team sports need many hours together so you think as one.
We do it in the shop on aircraft work, you can hand a tool to someone as they are asking for it.

Not something our current rules promote.

I guess part of the question is.......do we want a US champ, or do we want to prep for WGC?

If both, then maybe our rules need to change.