Old March 5th 19, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Tow rope musings - informal survey

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 11:03:29 AM UTC-6, Matt Herron (Sr) wrote:
You may "see" the appeal of it, but believe me, actually seeing the tug almost on top of you is far less appealing. It's a handful!

I respectfully disagree - close formation is no big deal (true, I have a military background) but taking off in a zero-visibility dust cloud, where you can't see the towplane, tow rope, ground, horizon, anything - now that is exciting!

All you can do is wait until you have flying speed and pull up out of the dust, hoping your wings are level the whole time...

Cheers,

Kirk
66