Old April 9th 19, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) is included with Amazon Prime

I saw the original with my father just after it was released. We had all heard about the glider sequence but I didn't learn about Roy being the pilot until much later. I had soloed three years earlier. My father had sold his 1-23B a few years before this and replaced it with a 15M Diamant, so we kind of wished they had used a more modern glider. But we still thought the glider scenes were pretty cool at the time. I still have Windmills of Your Mind on my playlists today. I was 17 so I thought just about everything in the movie was pretty cool, including Steve, the dune buggy sequences, and--of course--Faye Dunaway.

Chip Bearden