Old April 10th 19, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) is included with Amazon Prime

On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 1:24:30 PM UTC-4, Tom BravoMike wrote:
On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 6:32:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 12:32:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osl6EJGwFyM
"the best part of the movie"

And a later video from 2011 of 9860E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvVJO6dFF14

Bob 7U

So which way does the canopy actually open on the 9860E: to the left or to the right? It's different in the movie and in the new video from 2011. Has it been changed (from Schweizer's conventional way) just for the 1968 movie for some reason?

All the ones I've seen open from the right. Same as all(as far as I know) Schweizers. Some of them had the double spring canopy closure on both sides so opening it from the left at least from the inside should work(not sure if there would be fuselage/canopy frame interference.)
When they filmed the remake they rigged the Duo to open the wrong way on the ground as well. Hollywood must think we get on our horses wrong.