Old July 22nd 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Default Why GA is Dying

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
k.net...
This type of post is of course an opinion post and as such should be
respected in that context.
My personal opinion on this is that you are either going to have airport
security or you're not..period!

Bingo. Bothering somone taking pictures doesn't make sense when the field
has minimal, if any security. E.G. my home field. They don't ID pilots or
passengers - even transients.

Lucky. Back before the mandatory photo ID days, I'd routinely fly
without photo ID. Most because I'd forget and leave it in the car.
Point is, it wasn't required, and I'll ALWAYS get crap for not having ID
as a transient.

I dunno, last I checked, you weren't required to carry ID in the United
States. Still makes me angry.