Old October 28th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
zatatime

Default Regs regarding "VFR flight following?" (also: "need to vent")

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:21:09 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

That's why I was trying to find some sort of rules defining this situation. I guess as the pilot outside the
Charlie, I should have simply said, "Terminating radar services, squaking 1200, will remain clear the Charlie." I
didn't quite think of that at the time however.

First, let me say this is a great thread.

What I'm stuck on is the fact that you were already a participating
aircraft. Once participating ATC instructions need to be adhered to
(outlined in previous posts). What I can't get past is, once
participating can we just stop participating, or was our choice to
participate initially some sort of agreement to abide by the rules of
ATC as a participating aircraft until outside their area, or mutual
agreement to terminate services.

As you initially stated, it would be great to find something we can
read about this that would clarify.