Old July 16th 18, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

Default Ray Galloway (P1)

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 6:39:11 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Sorry to report my dear friend Ray Galloway (papa one) checked out (peacefully) last night. I talked with him a couple of days ago. He said he was "ready", but it is still hard on his friends and family. Ed Byars

Thought of P1 just this morning and wondered how he and Miss Lillian were doing. Ray was a huge influence on me when I first started flying. He encouraged and mentored a lot of us (at the time) young pilots in the NCSA in x-country and racing. Too many wonderful P1 memories and stories to tell here. We will share them and remember Ray in the cockpit, in hangars, and around the fire for as long as we last.

Good finish, P1.