Old July 16th 18, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Default Ray Galloway (P1)

John Farrington crewed for Ray for many contests. When John took me to my first contest, Ray was the CD. All three of us spent a lot of time together that contest and Ray made it very special. I was lucky enough to know Ray and Miss Lillian down in Seminole-Lake when they would come down for the Seniors where Ray provided the weather. A true southern gentleman who never met a stranger, always willing to encourage and mentor new XC pilots and contests felt like home when the pilots would say at the beginning of the meeting
“Moorrrrnnning Ray”. Our world is a little sadder today.
Rich
ZO