Old August 8th 05, 06:21 PM
W P Dixon

Jose I do agree with a whole lot of what you say, but you have to understand
you are getting to choose. You can choose to haggle , or you can choose to
say we don't need it and you will get nowhere.
As for the won't meet the standards of the world ICAO for Class
B,....SO! We don't need anyones approval for something we consider to be in
our nations defense. Sometimes we have to make a rule for us, this would be
one of those cases.
It would take alot more than just a no fly or ADIZ to make it effective,
it would include closing our borders to illegals, and kicking the ones here
out. That is this nations greatest threat. If no "bad guys" are here, then I
am sure we could all agree none of this other would be necessary at all. But
we can't get either party to do what is basically there job...defend the
borders.
And yes Larry I realize what you are saying about the FAA and all with
the final say, and not Congress. That is the way they HOPE it goes. If
enough pressure from the right people,VOTERS, and in the right manner is
applied then Congress will in fact make the ruling change themselves.
My ClassBplus plan may not be perfect, but it is the only logical idea I
have heard. I would love to hear more! But any idea that you can tell the
American people that there is no threat and you are in a dreamworld and will
get nowhere very quickly. Acknowledge a small threat, and bend a hair! I can
come up with about 100 things to do in a C-150 that would shut this nation
down. I will not post nor discuss them , but you can be assured I am not the
only one that has thought of them. But in case some nut hasn't I am not
going to give him any ideas.
YEP I said him, and a islamic him at that...not the 85 year old grandma
getting strip searched at the airport!!!!Jose you made a good statement
about what happened to the Japanese here during WWII. But I am afraid we are
so worried about doing THAT again that we are not doing what we should be
doing. We should be watching them like Hawks, as the Brits can attest to. If
we are to PC to do that to defend ourselves it shows how soft we have
become. Soft equals vunerable....and our citizens are wayyyyyyy to soft.
So like I have said, my idea is a compromise and the only one I have
seen here. It's alot more complicated than just flying around DC, there are
lots and lots of factors that all add up. Seems some of us are to focused on
looking straight ahead at this problem and not the 360 degree view that is
required to really comprehend it. We must bend, we must understand, and we
must realize that some old sets of "how things are" will have to be changed,
and yep that may include some orginizations rule of airspace definition.
But if someone can come up with any idea without putting the "don't
think it's needed" on it, hey let's hear it. Any letter with the phrase
"don't think it's needed" will be immediately put in File 6..the trashcan.

Patrick