Old March 25th 15, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Car/Truck to pull glider trailer

Hi All,

I am new to this group and last fall added a glider rating to my ASEL certificate.

I am planning to replace my car this summer and in anticipation of purchasing a glider someday, I would like to purchase a vehicle that would do a good job towing a glider. I also want it to get the best gas mileage that it can while still being a good tow vehicle. I don't want something that is marginal and will make long distance towing a stressful affair, but also don't want a vehicle that is overkill.

What is the typical range o gross weights of a single seat glider plus trailer?

Recommendations on a good tow vehicles?

Thanks for your help

Bill

My '04 Chevy Blazer tows my Cobra trailer just fine. I have to remind myself that the trailer is back there.