Old September 3rd 15, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Thursday, 3 September 2015 16:21:39 UTC+10, Peter Whitehead wrote:
Posted by Pete Whitehead on 3rd Sept 2015
AT last some good news. I have received an email on 2nd Sept 2015 from the Rumanian Aeroclub, an excerpt is as follows..
"Dear sir/madame,

The Romanian Aeroclub would like to inform you that has requested and obtained the EASA approval for an STC which replaces the lifetime limitation of 35 calendar years by periodical inspection (structural health control) on every 2 years for IS-28B2 gliders.
Romanian Aeroclub will apply this STC for its own gliders and plans to apply it to the IS-28B2 gliders which are under private property. Please inform us if you are interested in respect with this particular STC and if so, communicate us how many gliders are in this situation...."

So the paperwork is now there, and I hope we can look forwards to getting our IS28's (Twin Larks) back in the air soon. Pete Whitehead

Awesome news. Any chance there's details of IS-29's ? And if not, any chance you can ask if they're included, excluded, not yet considered?