Old October 31st 17, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colin Roney

Default trailer frame

At 16:31 30 October 2017,
wrote:
On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 11:51:33 AM UTC-4,

Papa3 wrote:
Ditto what JJ said. There was a syndicate that

owned a PW5 at my field
y=
ears ago. Their trailer was a square section with a

huge cradle that
rolle=

Many thanks for your contributions to my question.
Much appreciated.

d out the back with the glider. It probably weighed

3,000 pounds... for a
=
PW5. Made handling a nightmare.=20
=20
We have a number of 1st/2nd generation glass ships

on the field with
olde=
r tube trailers (ASW-19, Libelle, etc.). Spending

some time on
optimiz=
ing the fuselage dolly as it rolls out the back gate and

especially the
win=
g root dollies (stability in particular) is probably a way

easier path to
b=
etter rigging. JMHO.=20
=20
Erik Mann (P3)

I agree. I made the rash assumption that the trailer

does not have a fold
d=
own door. If it has one, make that work. Weight in back

is never an
improve=
ment.
UH