Old December 8th 03, 07:25 PM
Jim

No propeller driven airplane is capable of breaking the sound barrier (in
level flight). The fastest propeller airplane is the Russian TU-95 Bear
which has a maximum level speed of Mach 0.82 or 575mph.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I need some suggestions for aviation trivia questions, pronto! Who better
but you guys and gals to ask, no? :-)

Why? We've decided to do a month-long radio contest in January, on our

most
popular local radio station, promoting our aviation theme inn. It's going
to be called "the '100th Anniversary of Flight Trivia Contest', sponsored

by
the Alexis Park Inn & Suites", and will run every day at prime "drive

time".
Daily winners will each receive a FREE night in one of our aviation theme
suites. (It'll be something along the lines of "the tenth correct caller
wins...)

Thus, every day, for 25 days, the announcer will ask a different aviation
trivia question that must be (a) interesting to the non-flying public, (b)
hard enough to weed out the riff-raff, and (c) easy enough so that someone
can actually win! Ideally, the questions should relate to the theme of
our suites in some way...

So, have at it! No one knows aviation trivia like you guys, so fling some
questions at me! (And answers would be good, too? :-)

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA