Old November 11th 04, 02:42 PM
Marco Leon

Cessna 210's are notorious for running out of gas. Do some web searches. It
has something to do with the fuel tanks and how level the plane is during
refueling. One of my CFI's has it happen to him and I helped him research
the issue. The FAA took no action against him as a result.

Marco

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
The local news is reporting that a local CFI (with over 30,000 hours
of instruction giving since the early 1960's) ran out of gas just
short of the airport after picking up a P210 and flying back from
Texas to California. Boy, if it can happen to him, it can happen to
anyone. It will be interesting to see the final facts. Perhaps the
plane was burning way more gas than it should have (the plane had been
bought that day).

-Robert