Old September 12th 03, 12:40 AM
Vaughn

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

"Vaughn" wrote in message

"Rich Carr" wrote in message
om...

Not according to Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

Snopes can go work it out with my Marketing professor...and with

the
hispanic who works for me who claims that the story is quite true. The

fact
that GM denies it in their "official" history does not, nor should not,

draw
much water.

Vaughn

Did you actually read the Snopes article? They hardly rely only on GM's
"official" history in the debunking of the legend.

Yes I did, and I frankly did not find much of it persuasive, it felt
more like revisionism than debunking. That said, on rereading my previous
post I find it harsher than I intended. Could a story so widely taught in
our business schools be bunk? Yes it could! Would GM want to squelch such
a story regardless of its veracity? Yes they would! The Snopes article in
and of itself simply did little to convince me one way or the other.

Vaughn