Old April 23rd 05, 09:56 AM
Martin Hotze

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:11:04 -0700, Matt Barrow wrote:

the good thing is that I drive a car needing about 6 liters per 100
kilometers (the other car is a diesel needing about 4 to 5 liters per

100
kilometers). So I do care driving a fuelefficient car, because it saves

me
money.

Somebody run the numbers. What is that in miles per gallon? Just
wanted to compare that to my F250 Diesel.

About 40MPG and 50MPG for the diesel.

btw my numbers reflect only my cars. this fuel consumption does not reflect
fuel efficient cars. (IIRC this is something like 3 liters per 100
kilometers)

Such a car would likely be "useful"

it is always useful to save gas (and money). what is the difference in
driving 100 miles within a city or "out in the west"?

out in the west where distances are
measured in three or even four digits and those are MILES not klicks.

even in the city and on short distance your consumption is more than
average.
it was always weired to see those huge pickups in the city, only the driver
and no passengers, the driver only has this car for ... eee .. no idea.
hopefuly for fun. no wonder that carpooling lanes can be used when the car
is occupied by at least _2_ persons.

But Martin is such a good little milch cow!! He'll do as ordered!

I don't get your point.

I am free to buy whatever car I can afford. But I'd be silly to buy more
than I would need.

#m
--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg