Old April 23rd 05, 03:38 PM
Matt Barrow

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
link.net...

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
"Mike Rapoport" wrote:

It isn't important whether anybody likes it or not, what is important

is
realize that it is inevitable and change what and how we do things so

we
do
not compete where we are at a major disadvantage.

So what is your (US) or our (Europe) advantage? High costs for labor and
energy, higher transportation costs, more restrictions and laws, lack of
people willing to work really hard, etc. etc ...

#m
--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg

Lots of intellectual property, extensive infrastructure, stable political
system, lots of capital and educated people. Every country has about the
same energy costs. The US and Europe are well positioned to compete in

many
industries.

http://www.timbro.com/euvsusa/ (EU vs. USA) by a think tank in Stockholm,
Sweden Read particularly the summary at the bottom and some of he charts
comparing the various EU countries against the US. For example, if the
single EU countries were compared along side the US states, they would
mostly be in the bottom six or so (down with Alabama or West Virginia). The
big factors are regulation and taxes. In essence, the EU is, productivity
wise, where the US was in 1978 and falling behind.

Matt
Matthew W. Barrow
Site-Fill Homes, LLC.
Montrose, CO