Old July 13th 12, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate[_2_]

Default Trailer Ramp Jack - NO SCREWS - follow up

On Jul 13, 7:24*am, Sarah wrote:
Nice work! Thanks for the report.

I'd love to replace the cruddy trailer screw jack on our 80's Komet. I was encouraged to see Fuzzy could lift an LS6 with it - how much force does it take?

I guess I need to find someone who can weld such a thing ...

My BETA tester was a 100 pound woman. It wasn't 'effortless' for her,
but she managed to lift the fully rigged Speed Astir, which is a
little heavier than the LS.
I can't provide a link in this post, but there is a YouTube video of
the Mk II ramp jack, that incorporates a large aluminum plate to
accommodate rigging on soft surfaces. After building two of them, I
decided I'd rather use the original version, and carry a 2' square
chunk of plywood for those rare times when I'm on a soft surface.

Uncle Fuzzy