Old September 23rd 17, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Bieniasz

Default trailer painting

At 16:51 23 September 2017, David Salmon wrote:
At 22:29 20 September 2017, mike davis wrote:
It is time to repaint my aluminum cobra trailer. I'm not planning t

spray
it myself but does anyone have any thoughts on using an auto body shop

do the work? Could I do some of the prep myself? Any idea about the cost

Thanks

Earlier this year we decided to re-paint our Cobra trailer which wa
showing it's age. On advice from a professional painter we used Zinsse
Exterior Gloss. It cost us about £60 for paint, and about 3 days

preparin
and painting with a roller. Looks good to me, and since then anothe
syndicate was impressed enough to do the same with their Cobra. A bit mor
cost for the stickers of course.
Dave

I painted my trailer earlier this year with Lechler 2 pack paint that is
designed to be applied with a brush or roller. The results were very good
and the paint was reasonably priced, around £70 if I remember correctly.
As with any paint job though, the key factor is the preparation.