Old May 6th 19, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default ASW-20 B GEAR WARNING SYSTEM

On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 8:03:04 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Buy?!?! Most build their own, sorta simple.....depends on YOU......
No slam, just saying.......
I have no clue on "bought systems"....I can only comment on "home brew". I would check with UH and T8 on what they do/did.

Many higher end varios have provision for gear warning (and that's what I use, just because it's there)... but really, a battery, a beeper and a couple of limit switches will do ya.

Really important: the gear warning needs a defeat switch. Some day -- probably on a ten hour ridge flight -- one of your switches will fail or get jarred loose and the warning will start howling in flight...

T8