Old April 17th 04, 10:31 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Philip Sondericker" wrote in message

Okay, I was gonna stay out of this, but since people are comparing
liberalism to poison, cigarettes and other cancerous substances, it
may be time to remind everyone that our country was founded on
some quite liberal principles. Thomas Jefferson would likely be
appalled to hear liberalism likened to "poison".

Thomas Jefferson was a classic liberal. When people use the term "liberal"
or "liberalism" today they are referring to modern liberalism. Classic
liberalism and modern liberalism are polar opposites.