Old December 14th 03, 04:36 AM
Dashi

wrote in message ...
No; I don't want the joystick position, you are right that, that is easy

get. It is the horizon as calculated by the simulator program that I want

the
coordinates of. In other words, the pitch and the roll of the airplane.

You
know of course that they don't exactly follow the joystick commands,

depending
on how close you are to stalling, etc.
tom

No **** Dick Tracy, do you know what rudders are?

Dashi

In article , "Dashi"
wrote:
You can read your joystick axis easily, try: www.stickworks.com

wrote in message

Has anyone written some sort of program/hack to get position data out

of
MS
flight simulator that could be used to control a cockpit motion device?

It
seems like it wouldn't be too hard to build a two axis positioner if

you
could
get the pitch and roll data out of the sim program.

tom