Old September 10th 05, 09:16 PM
Rich S.

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
I think I'm already in that trap, but it wasn't my intention (or yours,
I know) for this to be a trick question based on ambiguity in the
phrasing.

But, sure, I'll address your concerns.

1. I didn't stipulate a vacuum. My engine and wing don't work very well
without air. I said, to simplify calculations, ignore the effects of
friction on the projectile. We are flying above the earth.

2. At an altitude at which acceleration due to gravity is 32 feet per
second per second. Assume this remains constant throughout.

3. With the exception of the airplanes and the guns, this is a
pre-Columbian question. The earth is flat. Or, if you prefer, we're
flying tangentially to its curved surface.

4. The plane is flying level, as I believe I stated.

Kewl! That makes it easy!

I don't know.

Rich S.