Old September 10th 05, 09:41 PM
alexy

"Bill Chernoff" wrote:

Discounting air friction, at what angle was the bullet
fired?

Discounting air friction the angle would be 90 degrees, straight up.

Yep. I was going to say "impossible" since he was firing at a plane
ahead of him, and I incorrectly translated that to a barrel angle with
some forward component. But you are right, the 90-degree angle may
well have been the firing solution for the target ahead of him, given
differences in the plane's velocities. Glad I read your correct answer
before giving my answer of "impossible"!