Old February 15th 08, 10:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

Default Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

On Feb 15, 9:39*am, Michael Ash wrote:
In rec.aviation.student Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

WingFlaps wrote:
On Feb 15, 12:31 am, "John" wrote:
No there are no regulations for climb or descent rates for VFR flight.

Err I don't think that's 100% correct but it will do for MX.

Please then for my benefit point me to such a regulation.

Technically speaking, it is illegal to descend faster than about 25,000fpm
(needs to be adjusted based on density, since it's give in terms of
indicated airspeed) when below 10,000ft. I doubt too many flights would
need to worry about this limitation.

You've got it! Also Vne is usually a lot slower than that for most GA.
There are other "tricky" examples I can think of.

Cheers