Old November 17th 03, 03:22 PM
Peter R.

Jeff ) wrote:

then said, "what kind of ground speed are you showing on that tomahawk"
tower said 100 kts, the airliner goes, 100 kts over the ground! Oh
boyyyyyy..

That reminds me of an incident during my instrument training. We were
flying an ILS into my home airport in a C172. There was a moderate head
wind, so my ground speed was only about 65 kts or so.

A 737 had arrived at the runway and called ready. We were still about five
miles out so I was expecting the controller to clear the 737 for takeoff.
Instead, the controller instructed the 737 to hold short for approaching
traffic.

About 30 seconds slip by when the 737 pilot calls out, "What kind of
aircraft is approaching, a helicopter?"

--
Peter