Old November 24th 04, 02:51 PM
CEMARoy

What prices are beign quoted/paid for compliance with the flutter AD
(addtional mass balance required)? Who seems to be doing most of them?
Gron systems? What about the spigot AD? Lastly, what's the best source
and price for a new canopy? Thanks in advance!

Stephen Szikora
Canada

Stephen,
On Monday I spent several hours at the Grob facility in Bluffton, Ohio learning
how to do the control surface mass balance AD. I even got pictures to
supplement the Grob instructions.
Mike shade had 4 G102s in the shop being worked on so I got to see several
stages of the work.

I can do this AD and in fact have several owners planning a visit to my shop
soon to have this work done.

The parts and materials will be about $600. Labor will run right at 20 hours,
there is a lot of it to be done. My shop rate is a bit less than $60/hr. See my
ad in the classified section of Soaring.

Naturally being in Canada I doubt you will be driving all the way down to
Moriarty, New Mexico for the work so Bluffton may be your best bet. But I post
this so that others will know that help for them may be closer than Ohio.

Robert Mudd